Email Address: email@example.com
Before joining Breit Biniazan, Lee Floyd spent a decade defending some of the country’s largest and most influential corporations. From pharmaceutical companies to national automotive manufacturers, Lee worked in the trenches with impressive battalions of attorneys and seemingly unlimited resources. Lee was the first female partner in the products liability group of one of the nation’s leading law firms and the youngest partner in that firm’s history. In 2019, she was one of only ten lawyers selected nationwide to join the prestigious Products Liability Advisory Council’s as a Future Leader. During this time Lee was recognized consistently by Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star, as “Ones to Watch” by Best Lawyers in America® and received national recognition by Benchmark Litigation as a partner in the Product Liability Firm of the Year. On paper, was the kind of career that many attorneys aspire to achieve.
But that wasn’t enough for Lee. She wanted more. During the pandemic, a paralegal at Lee’s previous firm, was grappling with something much larger: a diagnosis of stage four metastatic breast cancer. She was only given a short time to live.
There was hope, though. If the paralegal, who was also a single mom, could receive a very expensive treatment, there was a chance she would be given more time with her three year old son. That’s when Lee became an advocate. She banded together with other women, started a social media campaign, organized crowdfunding, and solicited help from powerful and connected people to get her paralegal the assistance she so desperately needed. Lee fought fiercely until, finally, the paralegal received the world class oncology care she deserved.
“That’s when I learned that the highest and best use of my time isn’t representing corporate defendants to keep money in their bank accounts,” says Lee. “The highest and best use of my time is to help others when they have nowhere else to turn.”
Representing Families in the Wake of Catastrophic Loss
In January 2022, Lee left the world of corporate defense for personal injury litigation. Now, as a Partner with Breit Biniazan, she offers a unique perspective: a peek into what corporate defense teams do and say behind closed doors. Though Lee concedes that battling a multi-billion-dollar company is like “going to war,” her experience gives Breit Biniazan clients the upper hand.
At Breit Biniazan, Lee now works tirelessly to represent innocent clients harmed by the negligence of the corporations she once represented. Her young daughters may not understand what it means to be a lawyer. Instead, they fittingly say she is a “helper” because that’s exactly what the attorneys at Breit Biniazan do.
Lee was born and raised in Alexandria, Virginia and is a product of the Alexandria City Public Schools. She is a proud graduate of T.C. Williams High School and attended the University of Virginia for her undergraduate studies. Lee received her J.D. from West Virginia University College of Law. Lee previously interned for the Alexandria Commonwealth Attorney’s Office and the Alexandria City Circuit Court. Prior to law school, Lee worked on Capitol Hill.
- J.D., West Virginia University College of Law (2011)
- Editor-in-Chief, West Virginia Law Review
- Chesapeake Energy Fellow
- Outstanding Woman in the Law, 2011
- B.A., University of Virginia (2008)
- Double Major, History and Government
- Violinist, University of Virginia Symphony Orchestra
- Former corporate defense attorney
- Partner, Butler Snow 2016-2021
- Litigation Associate, Eckert Seamans 2015-2016
- Litigation Associate, Jackson Kelly PLLC 2011-2015
- Intern for the Alexandria Commonwealth Attorney’s Office and the Alexandria City Circuit Court
- West Virginia, 2012
- Virginia, 2015
- U.S. District Courts
- West Virginia: Southern, Northern
- Virginia: Eastern, Western
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 4th Circuit
- Admitted pro hac vice in Arizona, Missouri, North Carolina, Texas.
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Ones to Watch, Oil and Gas Law, 2021-2022
- Ones to Watch, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2021-2022
- Super Lawyers®
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2016-2019, 2021
- Virginia Rising Stars, Personal Injury – Products: Defense, 2016-2019, 2021
- Benchmark Litigation
- Future Star, 2021
- 40 & Under Hot List 2018-2021
- Member of the team selected as nationwide Product Liability Firm of the Year, 2018
- Up & Coming Lawyers, Virginia Lawyers Weekly, 2021
- US News – Best Lawyers Ones to Watch 2021-2022
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (VTLA)
- Virginia State Bar
- Product Liability Advisory Council (PLAC) (formerly)
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division President, 2013
- West Virginia State Bar
- Speaker, “Product Recalls: Hope for the Best, Plan for the Worst” Tennessee Association of Corporate Counsel, February 25, 2021.
- Author, “Evidentiary Privileges Applicable to Title Opinions of Counsel” Energy and Mineral Law Foundation Journal, 2013.